Community Health Systems is one of the nation’s leading healthcare providers. Developing and operating healthcare delivery systems in 44 distinct markets across 15 states, CHS is committed to helping people get well and live healthier. CHS operates 78 acute-care hospitals and more than 1,000 other sites of care, including physician practices, urgent care centers, freestanding emergency departments, occupational medicine clinics, imaging centers, cancer centers and ambulatory surgery centers.
The ideal candidate will work as a part of the CHS IT Team in partnership with our implementation partner for a multi year Oracle Cloud Implementation. The candidate should have a cross functional understanding of both technology and financial applications. From a technology perspective, familiarity with the ETL process, understanding of SQL, data structures, data transfer, scripting, data validation, and reconciliation experience is preferred. General understanding of financial applications including Human Resources, Payroll, Accounting, and especially Supply Chain are desired. Prior ERP and/ or Oracle implementation experience is highly desired.
This role will function as part of the Conversion Team to ensure all conversion objects are in alignment with the Master Data Strategy prior to the actual conversion event(s). Candidates will maintain communication between the source system development teams and functional leads, meet established timelines, and support data validation and reconciliation processes.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Demonstrated discipline, analytical skills, problem-solving abilities, and attention to detail.
- Independent, self-motivated, self-managing, proactive and responsive with a bias for action and results.
- Strong analytical, communication, time-management, facilitation, presentation, influencing and project/portfolio management skills.
- High level of personal integrity consistent with the company’s core values.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to think and communicate in both technical and functional terms.
- Ability to work with multiple technical and functional teams across multiple platforms and applications(e.g., Finance, Human Capital Management and Supply Chain).
- Ability to extract and review data against mapping requirements.
- Ensure extracted data is securely transferred to the correct target location.
- Ensure data integrity and security is prioritized to ensure all data transferred is stored in secured locations.
- Ensure data transformation and load processes follow agreed upon processes and standards.
- Efficient in resolving defects in the ETL process to meet all required deadlines.
- Ability to work off hours as needed to meet project timelines, resolve issues, and ensure application stability.
- Self motivated and willing to utilize available learning tools to expand technical and functional knowledge.
- Desire to learn Oracle and become a subject matter expert within the team.
- Conversions of financial data (Human Capital/Payroll, Supply Chain, Finance).
- Oracle financial products.
- Medhost, Cerner, Meditech, or Premier.
- Patient accounting systems.
- Previous programming, scripting, and data transformation experience across multiple platforms.
- Previous healthcare experience and general understanding of departments, applications, and functional areas associated with an acute care hospital organization.
- High School Diploma required
- BS/BA degree in IT preferred.
- 7-10 years or more of experience involved with ERP systems, data conversions, financial applications preferred.