Physical Therapist – The Physical Therapist within the Wellness and Rehab Department assumes direct responsibility and accountability for the total care of a designated group of patients / clients. The position primarily entails assessing and treating patients with pelvic floor dysfunction. The Physical Therapist provides physical therapy examinations and treatments in accordance with established evidenced-based and best-practice guidelines, and in accordance with system, hospital and departmental policies and guidelines. The Physical Therapist is considered a professional and takes responsibility for personal and professional growth; assumes responsibilities to promote and advance the profession within the professional and general community. The Physical Therapist functions under the general supervision of the Wellness and Rehabilitation Department Management Team. The Physical Therapist assumes responsibility to meet or exceed all established hospital and department performance indicators and assures that her/his actions are in a manner consistent with the vision, mission, and values of La Porte / Starke Hospitals and the Wellness and Rehab Department.
- Requires a minimum of an entry-level Bachelor Degree in Physical Therapy
- Preferred Doctoral Degree in Physical Therapy
- Advanced certifications are preferred for specialty areas.
- Requires a minimum of an entry-level Bachelor Degree in Physical Therapy.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in Physical Therapy is preferred, with at least 1 years’ experience in a relevant clinical, Physical Therapy setting preferred.
- Graduation from an accredited Physical Therapy program. Passing score on the APTA national exam, and an active Indiana License to practice Physical Therapy. Additional certifications for specialty areas is desired, but not required.
- CPR certification required within 6 months of hire.
- Patient evaluation - Administers appropriate outcome measures during evaluation procedures for all patient populations served. In case of an assistant, follows the plan of care set by the evaluating therapist.
- Therapy planning - Develops treatment plan, goals and objectives based on patient / family identified goals.
- Treatment - Utilizes appropriate treatment methods and documents on these timely.
- Patient education - Utilizes appropriate education and training methods and involves patient / family and documents on them appropriately.
- Documentation on Pain and medication – Utilizes appropriate measures to note patient complaint on any pain reported and appropriately addresses the complaint. Takes detailed account of any medications that impacts patient care during the treatment process
- Meetings – Attends necessary department and site meetings and participates positively in the process of improvement.
- Develop Expertise - Takes action to continue to develop and acquire new expertise that is of increasing value to the organization
- Participates positively in meeting the department productivity standards
- Participates positively in meeting the department no-show rate standards
- Participates by providing assistance across facilities when demanded by the need for patient care. All therapists will be trained in providing care in acute care within 6 months of hire.
- Attitude - Provides highest quality service and meeting customers' needs with utmost kindness, care, compassion, courtesy, empathy, respect and friendliness. Always acknowledges and serves customers with a friendly, open smile and direct eye contact.
- Appearance - Takes pride in personal appearance, the facility and its surroundings.
- Commitment to Coworkers - Recognizes we are linked to one another by a common purpose; serving our patients and our community, that we are team members with our physicians and co-workers, and that we each deserve respect and support.
- Communication - Listens attentively to our customers to fully understand needs. Pays close attention to both verbal and non-verbal communication. Is committed to exceeding customers' expectations and providing more than what is expected.
- Customer Waiting - Provides prompt service, keeps customers informed regarding the time in which the service will be performed and makes customers comfortable while they are waiting.
- Privacy – Maintains customer privacy and confidentiality
- Responsiveness - Acknowledges every approaching patient or family member. Responds in a way that demonstrates the care, courtesy and respect our customers deserve.
- Safety Awareness - Ensures an accident-free environment. Establishes, promotes and monitors a proactive innovative approach to enhance hospital and patient safety. Adheres to and ensures compliance with Joint commission Patient Safety Goals and hospital safety policies.
- Sense of Ownership - Demonstrates a sense of ownership in their job, takes pride in what they do, and how they do it. Accepts responsibility for and is in control of the job that needs to be done
- Team Member is accountable for areas of responsibility meeting regulatory requirements including but not limited to maintaining annual TB testing, completing annual mandatories (ALC and competency), and maintaining current registration/certification/licensures as appropriate to position requirements.