This individual will be responsible for the continuing education and compliance for the CV Service line which includes Northwest Health La Porte and Starke. Duties will include responsibility for quality, clinical education, excellence in clinical practice and program development. Will also participate in the daily operational activities of planning, budget, personnel, quality and policy development. This position will report directly to the Regional Director of CV Services with additional reporting to clinical educators and collaboration with CV department directors/managers at both Northwest Health facilities.
- BSN required and Masters preferred.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Indiana or any other state with evidence of application for Indiana licensure
- Minimum of 5 years recent CV or EP interventional experience.
- BLS and ACLS Required. These must be maintained while in this position
Skills and Behaviors preferred to be successful in this positon:
- The skills and behaviors that are envisioned for a successful clinical educator may include:
- Understanding of competencies, course development and principles of adult learning.
- Unit-/department-based budgeting
- Concepts of capital budgeting
- Human Resources Management and Leadership Skills
- Performance improvement
- Systems thinking as an approach to analysis and decision making
- Strategic management
- Appropriate Clinical Practice Knowledge
- Relationship management and influencing behaviors as well as personal and professional accountability
- Shared decision making
- Collaborates with teams managing patients with cardiovascular diagnoses to provide evidenced based care.
- Participates in the development, implementation and revision of CV Service Line policies and procedures that affect managing risk, patient safety, regulatory and legal requirements as well as clinical process improvements.
- Prepares standardized orientation programs for both invasive and non-invasive modalities and assists with training new colleagues that are hired into the CV Service Line.
- Assists with workflow design and implementation of procedural documentation and structured reporting.
- Develops, implement and evaluates standard of practice in cardiology.
- Assures standardized competencies are performed annually for the procedural, holding and non-invasive department of the CV Service Line.
- Provides direct patient care as needed within the CV Service Line.
- Assesses need for equipment, researches product lines and provides alternatives. Assures all requirements for new product implementation are completed prior to education of staff.
- Knowledgeable of CPT and ICD10 codes appropriate for specific procedures performed in the CV Service line. Provides guidance related to CDM and Bill only charges within the departments.
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary teams to address ACC/NCDR metric evaluations of care. Develops action plans and monitors progress as needed.
- Develops and maintains awareness of Joint Commission, CMS and other required quality and safety measures.
- Attitude - Provides highest quality service and meeting customers' needs with utmost kindness, care, compassion, courtesy, empathy, respect and friendliness. Always acknowledges and serves customers with a friendly, open smile and direct eye contact.
- Appearance - Takes pride in personal appearance, the facility and its surroundings.
- Commitment to Coworkers - Recognizes we are linked to one another by a common purpose; serving our patients and our community, that we are team members with our physicians and co-workers, and that we each deserve respect and support.
- Communication - Listens attentively to our customers to fully understand needs. Pays close attention to both verbal and non-verbal communication. Is committed to exceeding customers' expectations and providing more than what is expected.
- Customer Waiting - Provides prompt service, keeps customers informed regarding the time in which the service will be performed and makes customers comfortable while they are waiting.
- Privacy – Maintains customer privacy and confidentiality
- Responsiveness - Acknowledges every approaching patient or family member. Responds in a way that demonstrates the care, courtesy and respect our customers deserve.
- Safety Awareness - Ensures an accident-free environment. Establishes, promotes and monitors a proactive innovative approach to enhance hospital and patient safety. Adheres to and ensures compliance with Joint commission Patient Safety Goals and hospital safety policies.
- Sense of Ownership - Demonstrates a sense of ownership in their job, takes pride in what they do, and how they do it. Accepts responsibility for and is in control of the job that needs to be done
- Team Member is accountable for areas of responsibility meeting regulatory requirements including but not limited to maintaining annual TB testing, completing annual mandatories (ALC and competency), and maintaining current registration/certification/licensures as appropriate to position requirements.