Position is intended to assist Regional VP and President in oversight of hospital operations. The position is expected to assist hospital Chief Financial Officers and Chief Executive Officers with corporate policies and procedures and any other areas needing assistance or direction on a daily basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the full financial and revenue cycle operations in the Region. These items include weekly projection reviews, month-end close reviews & processing, both short & long-term planning and analysis, budget, service line development, supply chain operations, case management issues, and special request items from different areas of the corporation.
- Heavy involvement in review of weekly projections and month-end reporting. This can include contractual package review, working with reimbursement on month-end exhibits, assisting CFO’s with explanations on variances, impromptu site visits to explore month-end discrepancies where needed.
- Assist with development of budget targets and detailed review of facility budget plans
- Assist in opening of new service lines, access points, and other operational growth initiatives
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis in support of Regional Leadership goals and reviews
- Responsible for going onsite to complete and/or assist a hospital with month-end close and operational concerns, as necessary.
- Liaison between facility CFOs and CHS Departments, including Regional Operations
- Work closely with facility C-Suites to develop strategic plans and action plans to achieve short and long-term growth strategies
- Monitor and assist hospitals on Margin Improvement and Revenue Enhancement Plans.
- Implementation and dissemination of best practices across the Region
- Member of various operational committees within CHS such as Revenue Integrity, Data Definitions, UR Centralization, etc.
- Special projects as assigned
- Direct supervisory responsibilities of Region Financial Analysts and Financial Managers
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required; MBA or Master’s of Accountancy preferred
- 4+ years progressive healthcare finance/accounting experience
- Hospital CFO level experience highly preferred
- Acute care hospital accounting experience required
- Acute care hospital experience in for-profit setting preferred
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Superior time management skills
- Ability to identify trends in large data sets and execute strategies to improve operations
- Knowledge of best practices and implementation across a large spectrum of facilities
- Expert Microsoft Excel knowledge
- HMS/Medhost knowledge preferred
- Knowledge of CHS operational systems: Cognos, Adaptive, Kronos
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that may be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Lift and carry lap-top computer
- Requires the ability to multi task, meet deadlines, and have the flexibility to accommodate special events/projects as they arise.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Approximately 25-40% travel depending on projects and need