PRN Surgical Technologist Apprentice Opportunity at The Orthopedic Hospital!
- Under the supervision of designated unit management and the clinical leadership of a clinical nurse, routinely supports the
unit through the provision of basic patient care, clerical and reception services.
Minimal Acceptable Job Qualifications:
- No specific experience is required. Lutheran will provide a formalized training class; successful completion is required in
order to continue employment. Additional orientation specific to unit responsibilities may also be provided.
- Must be enrolled and in good standing in an accredited Surgical Technology program.
- High school diploma or its equivalent (GED)
- CPR (Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation) within three (3) months of hire
Job Knowledge & Skills:
- Demonstrates working knowledge of the English language, verbal and written.
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of the role of a Patient Care Associate and relationship with other nursing
- Requires an understanding of basic EKG rhythms (per area of assignment).
- Requires organizational skills and basic knowledge of office operations.
- Requires a basic understanding of the related behaviors, needs and comfort appropriate to the age (including
neonate, child, adolescent, aging adult) and diagnosis of patient served in order to support the provision of an
individualized interdisciplinary plan of care.
- Demonstrates well developed interpersonal and communication skills necessary to establish and maintain
positive therapeutic/working relationships with all internal and external customers, as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer