- Under the administrative direction of the Executive Vice President (COO), develops, implements and monitors Laboratory Division goals and objectives to most effectively integrate the division’s technical and human resources to support the organization’s mission; ensures compliance with regulatory agencies impacting laboratory testing, reporting, and educational activities in an acute health care facility.
Minimal Acceptable Job Qualifications
- Minimum requirements are consistent with CLIA regulatory requirements.
- In addition, Lutheran requires five to seven years of progressively more responsible laboratory experience which includes two to three years in a management and med tech registration by ASCP or equivalent agency.
Job Knowledge & Skills:
- Demonstrates working knowledge of the English language, verbal and written.
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge of medical laboratory technology and study methodologies including
procedures, applicable regulations and equipment utilized.
- Requires knowledge of management theory and practice to effectively lead division staff.
- Requires strong working knowledge of the normal growth, development, related behaviors, needs, comfort,
and range of treatment appropriate to the age (including neonate, child, adolescent, aging adult) and diagnosis
of patient served to support the provision of an individualized multi-disciplinary plan of care.
- Requires in-depth analytical and organizational skills in order to lead and coordinate activities of laboratory
areas, effectively develop staff, develop and monitor budget, short and long range planning, and solve
complex technical and human resource problems to ensure optimal development and maintenance of division
- Demonstrates a high level of interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, to effectively
interact with all internal and external unit customers, as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer