- Performs other duties as assigned and/or required.
Education and Formal Training Required:
- Must be a high school graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology, Clinical Laboratory Science, or Chemical, Physical, or Biological Science.
- Completion of a one-year internship in an accredited hospital program Or one-year training/experience in High Complexity testing.
- Eligible for or has passed certification registry exam from an accredited agency, i.e.
- Must qualify under CLIA regulations as Testing Personnel. May assume duties of General Supervisor if CLIA regulations are met.
- Exposure to blood and body fluids: Exposure Control Level I
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to distinguish all colors and gradations of such.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds utilizing proper back safety precautions.
- Able to be on call if the need arises, and respond within a reasonable time frame.
- Exposure to toxic fumes and/or caustic agents such as acids, bases, or flammable
One to two years experience preferred, but not required.